Neo bags New Zealand Cricket rights until 2020
New Delhi: Neo Sports has secured the television rights to showcase all domestic and international cricket played in New Zealand until 2020.
Pitch International, New Zealand Cricket`s exclusive international broadcast and sponsorship agents managed the sales process.
The New Zealand deal for Neo comes right at the back of securing the broadcast rights for the Asia Cup.
New Zealand Cricket is the latest addition to Neo`s list of premium sporting content which includes the likes of cricket, football, tennis, hockey, badminton and golf.
With India scheduled to tour New Zealand in February 2014, Neo`s cricket line up for 2014 now includes two major series involving India.
The seven-year deal includes 261 days of live cricket including 18 T20s, 63 ODIs and 36 Tests and includes rights for all of Asia excluding Middle-East. The coverage begins March 6 with New Zealand hosting England for a three-match Test series.
David White, CEO of New Zealand Cricket said: "Neo are market leaders in cricket broadcasting in the Indian sub-continent and we are delighted to have established a direct relationship with them for the next seven years."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video