Nepal crowned ICC World Cricket League III champions
Bermuda: Nepal thrashed Uganda by five wickets in the finals of the ICC World Cricket league Division III in a match played at the National Sports Stadium in Bermuda over the weekend,
Two half centuries, one from opener Pradeep Airee (60) and and second by Sharad Vesawkar (50*) ensured a favourable result for Nepal.
Nepal and Uganda now advance to the ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifier, which will be held in New Zealand in January 2014.
The two sides will compete with eight other leading Associate and Affiliate sides for the final two positions in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015.
Nepal captain Paras Khadka said the win felt unbelievable.
"We worked really hard for it. And, having lost the first couple of games, no one gave us an outright chance, but we still believed in ourselves and our ability. Everything worked in favour of us and, as they say, fortune favours the brave. I feel glad. We have reached where we always wanted to, and now it is a matter of preparing ourselves even better. If we prepare really well, things are looking in good shape for us," he said.
Uganda captain Davis Arinaitwe was still proud of his side`s achievements.
"Qualifying for the ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifier was our primary objective when we got here, we first put our sights on trying to qualify for that tournament, so I felt that for us, that is an achievement that we can take back home," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!