Never had great experience playing under Chappell: Nehra
Gurgaon: A day after former India captain Sourav Ganguly termed Greg Chappell a "mad" man, pacer Ashish Nehra today said that he too "never had a great experience" playing under the Australian.
The out-of-favour Indian speedster said though he did not play enough cricket under former India coach Chappell, the couple of series` which he was involved in were not worth remembering.
"I only played two-three series when Chappell was the coach of Indian team, but I can say I never had a great experience. Everyone had some issue with him so there must be something wrong," Nehra said.
The left-arm bowler from Delhi, who has scalped 14 wickets in the Ranji season so far, was though optimistic about returning to international cricket and said he will keep working hard to get the desired result.
"I have not played international cricket since last seven months or so. I have only played a few practice games but I am working hard on my game and rest depends upon the selectors," the seamer said.
Nehra fractured his finger during the World Cup semi-final against Pakistan on March 30 and since then has not found favour from the national selectors.
The bowler, though, did submit a fitness certificate to the BCCI prior to India`s ODI series against England in September.
The 32-year-old was also dropped from the central contract, but he remains positive about the future.
"As I have mentioned I will keep doing my bit and rest depends upon the selectors whether they find me good enough at this level or not. I have given proof of my fitness and now it is the selectors who have to take a call," Nehra said when asked if he was aggrieved at being left out of the central contract.
When a kid asked Nehra, who along with Murali Kartik and Mithun Manhas was here to announce the Max New York Life Igenius scholarship award, what made him the bowler he is, the Delhi lad replied it was the long hours he has spent in the net.
"As a youngster I used to ask the same question to myself, how will I learn to swing the ball? But it all comes with practice," Nehra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof