Never thought of leaving Ankeet: Neha Sambari
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Suspended cricketer Ankeet Chavan’s bride-to-be Neha Sambari has said that she never thought of leaving him after the news of his alleged involvement in the IPL spot-fixing emerged.
"I will wed Ankeet on Sunday, but I am already married to the family. I did not even once think of backing out," Neha Sambari was quoted as saying by a leading Indian daily.
Chavan was on Friday released from Tihar Jail, a day after a court granted him bail to solemnise his marriage.
Chavan had sought bail on the ground that his marriage is fixed for June 2 and if the wedding does not take place it will harm his reputation and that of his fiancee.
He has been granted bail till June 6.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened