New cricket stadium to be opened in November
Kochi: South India`s first high altitude cricket stadium built in Krishnagiri in the hilly Wayanad district by Kerala Cricket Association would be inaugurated by state Governor Nikhil Kumar on November 15.
"This is the first high altitude stadium in South India," KCA President T C Mathew told reporters here today.
It took four years to complete the Rs five crore stadium.
The stadium with international quality pitch also has a viewing gallery in the form of a sloped lawn where people can sit and watch.
The construction was tailored to evolve a "grass mound" viewing area similar to the picturesque grounds abroad.
Since the ground has a two-feet slant height, rainwater will be drained easily.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Bharti Airtel Q4 net up 2.8% to Rs 1,290 crore; revenue up 8.4% to Rs 24,960 crore
- Trupti Desai writes letter to Mohan Bhagwat, demands equal representation of women in RSS
- Panama Papers' database to go public on May 9
- Buddhadeb, Rahul share stage, call for saving West Bengal from TMC
- Must Read! Narayana Murthy's heartfelt letter to his daughter will make you miss your dad