New cricket stadium to be opened in November
Kochi: South India`s first high altitude cricket stadium built in Krishnagiri in the hilly Wayanad district by Kerala Cricket Association would be inaugurated by state Governor Nikhil Kumar on November 15.
"This is the first high altitude stadium in South India," KCA President T C Mathew told reporters here today.
It took four years to complete the Rs five crore stadium.
The stadium with international quality pitch also has a viewing gallery in the form of a sloped lawn where people can sit and watch.
The construction was tailored to evolve a "grass mound" viewing area similar to the picturesque grounds abroad.
Since the ground has a two-feet slant height, rainwater will be drained easily.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'