New cricket stadium to be opened in November
Kochi: South India`s first high altitude cricket stadium built in Krishnagiri in the hilly Wayanad district by Kerala Cricket Association would be inaugurated by state Governor Nikhil Kumar on November 15.
"This is the first high altitude stadium in South India," KCA President T C Mathew told reporters here today.
It took four years to complete the Rs five crore stadium.
The stadium with international quality pitch also has a viewing gallery in the form of a sloped lawn where people can sit and watch.
The construction was tailored to evolve a "grass mound" viewing area similar to the picturesque grounds abroad.
Since the ground has a two-feet slant height, rainwater will be drained easily.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!