New cricket stadium to be opened in November
Kochi: South India`s first high altitude cricket stadium built in Krishnagiri in the hilly Wayanad district by Kerala Cricket Association would be inaugurated by state Governor Nikhil Kumar on November 15.
"This is the first high altitude stadium in South India," KCA President T C Mathew told reporters here today.
It took four years to complete the Rs five crore stadium.
The stadium with international quality pitch also has a viewing gallery in the form of a sloped lawn where people can sit and watch.
The construction was tailored to evolve a "grass mound" viewing area similar to the picturesque grounds abroad.
Since the ground has a two-feet slant height, rainwater will be drained easily.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport