New Zealand bat against Bangladesh in first Test
Chittagong: New Zealand captain Brendon McCullum won the toss and elected to bat in the first Test against Bangladesh in Chittagong on Wednesday.
The Black Caps awarded Test caps to leg-spinner Ish Sodhi and all-rounder Corey Anderson, while batsman Marshall Ayub was making his debut for the hosts.
Bangladesh: Mushfiqur Rahim (capt), Anamul Haque, Tamim Iqbal, Shakib Al Hasan, Marshall Ayub, Nasir Hossain, Abdur Razzak, Sohag Gazi, Rubel Hossain, Mominul Haque, Robiul Islam.
New Zealand: Brendon McCullum (capt), Peter Fulton, Hamish Rutherford, Kane Williamson, Ross Taylor, BJ Watling, Corey Anderson, Doug Bracewell, Trent Boult, Ish Sodhi, Bruce Martin.
Umpires: Bruce Oxenford (AUS) and S. Ravi (IND)
TV umpire: Enamul Haque (BAN)
Match referee: Javagal Srinath (IND)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued