New Zealand beats Windies by 88 runs in 3rd ODI
Basseterre: Nathan McCullum hit 50 and took two wickets plus a crucial catch to lead New Zealand to a 88-run victory over West Indies in the third one-day international on Wednesday to cut the hosts` lead to 2-1 in the five-match series.
McCullum hit four boundaries and a six from 70 as New Zealand reached 249-9 off 50 overs at Warner Park. He then took 2-40 from six overs, removing big-hitting Kieron Pollard (16) and Darren Sammy (7) and catching Dwayne Smith (19) off Jacob Oram, who claimed 2-22 from seven overs.
Opener Rob Nicol top-scored for New Zealand with 59 off 69 deliveries while B.J. Watling also chipped in with 40. West Indies` run chase never got going, with the hosts being bowled out for 161 off 34.3 overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured