New Zealand confirms trimmed India cricket tour
Wellington: New Zealand Cricket on Monday announced a shortened schedule for its home series against India after reports that the visitors wanted to keep the tour as brief as possible.
NZC said India would play two Tests and five one-dayers against the Black Caps between January 19 and February 18, in the first tour by the world number two Test nation since 2009.
Under the ICC`s Future Tours Programme, the trip was supposed to include three Tests, five one-dayers and one T20 in February and March.
However, India were reportedly keen to curtail the visit so they can participate in the Asia Cup, which begins in late February.
NZC chief executive David White admitted last month that discussions with the Board of Cricket Control for India (BCCI) over the tour "have taken longer than we hoped".
He did not address the shortened itinerary in a brief statement issued Monday, saying only: "It`s brilliant that the Black Caps will be playing five ODIs against the world`s top one-day side given the proximity of Cricket World Cup in 2015."
It is not clear whether NZC will receive compensation from the BCCI for potential revenue foregone after one Test and one T20 were cut from the tour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?