New Zealand confirms trimmed India cricket tour
Wellington: New Zealand Cricket on Monday announced a shortened schedule for its home series against India after reports that the visitors wanted to keep the tour as brief as possible.
NZC said India would play two Tests and five one-dayers against the Black Caps between January 19 and February 18, in the first tour by the world number two Test nation since 2009.
Under the ICC`s Future Tours Programme, the trip was supposed to include three Tests, five one-dayers and one T20 in February and March.
However, India were reportedly keen to curtail the visit so they can participate in the Asia Cup, which begins in late February.
NZC chief executive David White admitted last month that discussions with the Board of Cricket Control for India (BCCI) over the tour "have taken longer than we hoped".
He did not address the shortened itinerary in a brief statement issued Monday, saying only: "It`s brilliant that the Black Caps will be playing five ODIs against the world`s top one-day side given the proximity of Cricket World Cup in 2015."
It is not clear whether NZC will receive compensation from the BCCI for potential revenue foregone after one Test and one T20 were cut from the tour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened