New Zealand Cricket announces venues for `big-ticket` India tour
Wellington: The `big-ticket` Indian tour`s opening one-day international (ODI) against New Zealand will be held at Napier`s McLean Park, while Wellington and Auckland have been confirmed as the two Test venues.
New Zealand Cricket (NZC) have announced the venues for the month-long tour starting in January 2014, which include five ODIs and two Test matches.
Wellington`s Basin Reserve was confirmed as the country`s premier Test venue, and will host West Indies on December 11-15 and the second India Test on February 14-18, while Auckland`s Eden Park will stage the first India test from February 6-10.
New Zealand`s ODIs against world champions India will be held in Hamilton`s Seddon Park on January 22 and 28, Eden Park on January 25 and at Wellington`s Westpac Stadium on January 31. NZC boss David White said the four ODI venues were the only ones in the country with permanent lights, with the report adding that day-night matches were requested by international and domestic broadcasters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda