New Zealand Cricket announces venues for `big-ticket` India tour
Wellington: The `big-ticket` Indian tour`s opening one-day international (ODI) against New Zealand will be held at Napier`s McLean Park, while Wellington and Auckland have been confirmed as the two Test venues.
New Zealand Cricket (NZC) have announced the venues for the month-long tour starting in January 2014, which include five ODIs and two Test matches.
Wellington`s Basin Reserve was confirmed as the country`s premier Test venue, and will host West Indies on December 11-15 and the second India Test on February 14-18, while Auckland`s Eden Park will stage the first India test from February 6-10.
New Zealand`s ODIs against world champions India will be held in Hamilton`s Seddon Park on January 22 and 28, Eden Park on January 25 and at Wellington`s Westpac Stadium on January 31. NZC boss David White said the four ODI venues were the only ones in the country with permanent lights, with the report adding that day-night matches were requested by international and domestic broadcasters.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India