New Zealand Cricket announces venues for `big-ticket` India tour
Wellington: The `big-ticket` Indian tour`s opening one-day international (ODI) against New Zealand will be held at Napier`s McLean Park, while Wellington and Auckland have been confirmed as the two Test venues.
New Zealand Cricket (NZC) have announced the venues for the month-long tour starting in January 2014, which include five ODIs and two Test matches.
Wellington`s Basin Reserve was confirmed as the country`s premier Test venue, and will host West Indies on December 11-15 and the second India Test on February 14-18, while Auckland`s Eden Park will stage the first India test from February 6-10.
New Zealand`s ODIs against world champions India will be held in Hamilton`s Seddon Park on January 22 and 28, Eden Park on January 25 and at Wellington`s Westpac Stadium on January 31. NZC boss David White said the four ODI venues were the only ones in the country with permanent lights, with the report adding that day-night matches were requested by international and domestic broadcasters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened