New Zealand gearing up to put pressure on India
Hyderabad: New Zealand will look to put India under pressure when the two teams clash here for the first cricket test beginning Wednesday.
Despite the series loss in the West Indies this month, captain Ross Taylor and new coach Mike Hesson hope their team would bounce back and try to pressurize the hosts.
"It is a great opportunity to start afresh. There are a few changes in the side as well. We look forward to change and will try to put India under pressure," said Hesson on his first assignment as coach.
"We know we have lot of work to do over the next two-three days to make sure we are prepared. We certainly would like to have some plans in place. We would like to be positive in the way we play," he said.
Ross Taylor said his side was looking forward to the challenge.
"Good turn-around from the West Indies. We did not play as well as we would have liked. India is a familiar place for our batsmen. We have played well here and we are looking forward to it."
Taylor said while his team would feel the absence of experienced spinner and former captain Daniel Vettori he hoped players like Jeetan Patel would chip in with their contribution.
On the retirement of Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman, he said they can`t be replaced.
"They are two greats of the Indian game. We had plans for them three months ago but no need to have these plans any more."
Taylor said his failure to score runs in recent matches was disappointing but hoped that he would get back his touch in the Hyderabad test. He did not agree that his captaincy affected his batting performance and pointed out that the batting average remained higher.
On changes in the batting line-up, he said Brendon McCullum would open with Martin Guptil. He hoped that McCullum would continue his good form.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened