New Zealand get Southee back for Bangladesh ODIs
Wellington: New Zealand named an experienced 15-man squad on Monday including the return of bowling spearhead Tim Southee for the limited overs series against Bangladesh late next month.
There is only one newcomer in the squad, 27-year-old lefthander Anton Devcich, who earned his call up after scoring 115 for New Zealand A against India A earlier this month.
The squad includes six players from the New Zealand team to play two Tests against Bangladesh, in Chittagong and Dhaka, early in the month.
Southee was excluded from the Test squad after undergoing ankle surgery but chief selector Bruce Edgar said he was expected to be fully fit for the limited overs matches.
However, opening batsman Martin Guptill and spin bowler Daniel Vettori will both miss the tour because of injury.
Limited overs squad: Brendon McCullum (captain), Corey Anderson, Anton Devcich, Grant Elliott, Tom Latham, Mitchell McClenaghan, Nathan McCullum, Kyle Mills, Adam Milne, Colin Munro, James Neesham, Hamish Rutherford, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Kane Williamson.
McCullum, Anderson, Latham, Rutherford, Taylor and Williamson are also in the squad named earlier in the month for the two Tests starting on October 9.
The limited over series of three ODIs and one Twenty20 starts on October 29 in Dhaka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened