New Zealand get Southee back for Bangladesh ODIs
Wellington: New Zealand named an experienced 15-man squad on Monday including the return of bowling spearhead Tim Southee for the limited overs series against Bangladesh late next month.
There is only one newcomer in the squad, 27-year-old lefthander Anton Devcich, who earned his call up after scoring 115 for New Zealand A against India A earlier this month.
The squad includes six players from the New Zealand team to play two Tests against Bangladesh, in Chittagong and Dhaka, early in the month.
Southee was excluded from the Test squad after undergoing ankle surgery but chief selector Bruce Edgar said he was expected to be fully fit for the limited overs matches.
However, opening batsman Martin Guptill and spin bowler Daniel Vettori will both miss the tour because of injury.
Limited overs squad: Brendon McCullum (captain), Corey Anderson, Anton Devcich, Grant Elliott, Tom Latham, Mitchell McClenaghan, Nathan McCullum, Kyle Mills, Adam Milne, Colin Munro, James Neesham, Hamish Rutherford, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Kane Williamson.
McCullum, Anderson, Latham, Rutherford, Taylor and Williamson are also in the squad named earlier in the month for the two Tests starting on October 9.
The limited over series of three ODIs and one Twenty20 starts on October 29 in Dhaka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?