New Zealand include Ross Taylor in squad to face England
Wellington: New Zealand have named former captain Ross Taylor in a 14-man squad for the two warm-up Twenty20 matches against the visiting England on February 4 and February 6 at the Cobham Oval.
Taylor, who withdrew from the Black Caps side to tour South Africa after being effectively stripped of the side`s captaincy, is likely be given some time at the crease before the series proper starts on February 9.
National selection manager Kim Littlejohn said it’s great to have Taylor back in the team, adding they are excited to see the former captain back as he is a proven world-class player.
Former Australian international Luke Ronchi, who is now eligible to play for New Zealand, Otago opener Hamish Rutherford, left-arm seamer Neil Wagner and Auckland slugger Colin Munro are other notable names in the side.
After the two warm-up games, England play their first international Twenty20 against New Zealand on February 9 at Eden Park in Auckland.
New Zealand: Andrew Ellis (captain), Anton Devcich, Colin Munro, Hamish Rutherford, Ian Butler, Jimmy Neesham, Luke Ronchi, Matthew Henry, Michael Bates, Neil Broom, Neil Wagner, Nick Beard, Ross Taylor, Tom Latham.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday