New Zealand pull McCullum, Taylor out of Sri Lanka tour
Wellington: Senior New Zealand cricketers Brendon McCullum and Ross Taylor will sit out next month`s tour of Sri Lanka so they can prepare for the upcoming home Test series against the West Indies, chief selector Bruce Edgar said Saturday.
The pair will return home after the current tour of Bangladesh with 23-year-old Kane Williamson replacing McCullum as captain in Sri Lanka where New Zealand will play three ODIs and two Twenty20s.
"Ross and Brendon need red ball preparation to be at their best for the summer," Edgar said.
"Both players are vital to our success and fine tuning their red ball skills before the West Indies series starting in early December is paramount."
As Taylor and McCullum play all three formats of the game, Edgar said it was important to manage their playing loads as New Zealand face 37 home days of cricket against the West Indies and then India.
McCullum and Taylor are expected to play domestic cricket in New Zealand before the first Test against the West Indies starting in Dunedin on December 3.
Wicketkeeper-batsman Luke Ronchi and pace bowler Ian Butler will join the New Zealand side in Sr Lanka.
New Zealand squad for Sri Lanka: Kane Williamson (captain), Corey Anderson, Ian Butler, Anton Devcich, Grant Elliott, Tom Latham, Mitchell McClenaghan, Nathan McCullum, Kyle Mills, Adam Milne, Colin Munro, James Neesham, Luke Ronchi, Hamish Rutherford.
November 10, first ODI, Hambantota
November 12, second ODI, Hambantota
November 16, third ODI, Dambulla
November 19, first Twenty20, Kandy
November 21, second Twenty20, Kandy
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!