New Zealand vs England, 3rd Test: Fulton scores ton as hosts dominate day 1
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Auckland: Opening batsman Peter Fulton scored his maiden century to put New Zealand on track for a huge first innings total on day one of the third Test against England at Eden Park.
New Zealand were 250 for one at stumps with Fulton unbeaten on 124 and Kane Williamson 83 not out after England captain Alastair Cook won the toss and surprisingly decided to field first.
Fulton remained unbeaten on 124* with 15 boundaries and 3 sixes. Kane Williamson also played a gem of an innings and was unbeaten on 86* at the end of play on day one. They put together a partnership of 171 runs.
Hamish Rutherford was the lone wicket to fall on day one dismissed by Steven Finn for 37.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead