New Zealand vs England: Hosts 77/1 after visitors enforce follow-on
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Peter Fulton and Kane Williamson stitched an unbeaten stand of 52 runs as New Zealand ended the third day’s play with 77/1 after being asked to follow-on by England.
They were bundled out for 254 runs in their first innings while replying to England’s total of 465. Stuart Broad took six wickets breaking their back. Skipper Brendon McCullum top scored with 69 while Bradley-John Watling scored 60.
The Kiwis lost the wicket of opener Hamish Rutherford cheaply in the second innings but Fulton and Williamson ensured no further damage to the innings returning unbeaten. They’ll have to bat out of their skins to save this game from here onwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'