New Zealand vs England: Hosts 77/1 after visitors enforce follow-on
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Peter Fulton and Kane Williamson stitched an unbeaten stand of 52 runs as New Zealand ended the third day’s play with 77/1 after being asked to follow-on by England.
They were bundled out for 254 runs in their first innings while replying to England’s total of 465. Stuart Broad took six wickets breaking their back. Skipper Brendon McCullum top scored with 69 while Bradley-John Watling scored 60.
The Kiwis lost the wicket of opener Hamish Rutherford cheaply in the second innings but Fulton and Williamson ensured no further damage to the innings returning unbeaten. They’ll have to bat out of their skins to save this game from here onwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know