New Zealand vs England: Hosts 77/1 after visitors enforce follow-on
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Peter Fulton and Kane Williamson stitched an unbeaten stand of 52 runs as New Zealand ended the third day’s play with 77/1 after being asked to follow-on by England.
They were bundled out for 254 runs in their first innings while replying to England’s total of 465. Stuart Broad took six wickets breaking their back. Skipper Brendon McCullum top scored with 69 while Bradley-John Watling scored 60.
The Kiwis lost the wicket of opener Hamish Rutherford cheaply in the second innings but Fulton and Williamson ensured no further damage to the innings returning unbeaten. They’ll have to bat out of their skins to save this game from here onwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion