New Zealand vs Sri Lanka: Visitors sniff victory
Zeenews Sports Bureau
SRI LANKA Over: 15.4 II Score: 47/4 (Samarweera 1*, Mathews 1*)
Tim Southee and Doug Bracewell took two wickets each on the fourth day of the second Test to leave Sri Lanka struggling at 47/4. On the penultimate day, 17 wickets fell as New Zealand set the home team a target of 363 runs.
NEW ZEALAND Over: 54 II Score: 194/9
The Kiwis have declared the innings at the score of 194 and now Sri Lanka need 363 runs to win. Ross Taylor once again played a captain’s knock of 74 runs before he was run-out. Rangana Herath was the pick of Sri Lankan bowlers as he picked three wickets.
NEW ZEALAND Over: 36 II Score: 113/5
Skipper Ross Taylor is playing another sensible innings to rescue his team out of some trouble. Taylor and Astle have added 48 runs for the fifth wicket so far. New Zealand lead by 282 runs.
NEW ZEALAND Over: 26 II Score: 84/5
The openers made a quiet start adding 32 runs for the first wicket but after that the wickets fell at regular intervals and half of the team is back to the pavilion. Skipper Taylor is at the crease and his teammates would want him to spend some more time at the crease and increase the lead.
SRI LANKA Over: 94 II Score: 244/10
Kane Williamson took a blinder to dismiss Herath which wrapped the Sri Lankan innings. The Kiwis needed just 7 overs on the fourth day to clean up the tail and now they lead by 168 runs. Boult and Southee shared 9 wickets between them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report
- Rousseff ex-minister arrested in Brazil graft probe
- 4,500 people rescued in Mediterranean: Italy coastguard
- Vijender Singh out of Olympic contention, wishes best for Vikas Krishan