Newland Test win one of the most ‘rewarding’ victories ever, says Smith
Sydney: South African captain Graeme Smith had hailed his team’s victory in the Newland Test against Pakistan, as one of the most rewarding wins for the Proteas.
Stating that his team managed to secure a win even in less-than ideal conditions, Smith said that the South African team was under pressure during the third day, and for that they needed to perform well for two days.
Praising his teammates Robin Peterson, Vernon Philander and Dale Steyn, Smith said that the collapse of the Pakistan team was managed by the left-arm spinner Peterson and Philander, who took three wickets each before Steyn finished off the innings.
Smith said that Peterson, who was awarded with the ‘Man of the Match’ trophy, had given an inspiring performance, and added that to almost get close to Pakistan’s first innings total was the key to winning the match.
South Africa reinforced their status as the world`s No.1 Test team, beating Pakistan by four wickets on the fourth day of the second Test.
The Newlands victory, with a day to spare, gave South Africa a winning 2-0 lead in the three-match series and came after a dramatic Pakistan collapse in their second innings, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Donald Trump links death of NBA star's cousin to black vote
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- STOP THIS SHAME! Minor gangraped in Delhi's Jamia Nagar; suspect is juvenile
- Benefits of face scrubs for men
- In awe of the Master! WATCH how Sakshi Malik requested Sachin Tendulkar to take a selfie with her brother