Nikita Miller hopes for West Indies recall
Kingston: Left arm orthodox spin bowler Nikita Miller is hoping for a recall to the West Indies team after outstanding performances with bat and ball for the West Indies A against Sri Lanka A in last month’s series.
Miller took six for 141 and made 50 not out in the high-scoring first match in St. Kitts, six for 51 off 10 overs in the opening 50-over match, then two for 23 in the second ODI.
"I`m happy with my performances for the `A` team. The pitches were good for batting, but I was patient, and it paid off,” said Miller, whose club team Melbourne CC, won the national 50-overs title on Saturday.
“It was a tough test, but it was still manageable, though the batsmen proved to be challenging."
Miller was on top of the bowling charts in the regional four-day cricket tournament, accounting for 52 victims in seven matches at an unbelievable 8.05 runs per wicket.
He plans to further impress during his campaign for the Jamaica Tallawahs in the inaugural Caribbean Premier League (CPL) due to start this month-end.
"My mindset remains the same (and) I know I`m capable of doing well at the highest level,” said Miller, who made his first-class debut against the Leeward Islands in 2005 and has racked up 276 wickets in 56 matches at an outstanding 15.64.
“For now I am looking towards the CPL, and then I wait to see if I`m included for any upcoming tours -- `A` team or senior."
Miller has taken 30 wickets to his name in ODIs and nine wickets in T20 internationals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo