Nimbus shows interest in Pakistan Premier League
Lahore: According to well-informed PCB sources, a representative for Nimbus sports gave a presentation to the PCB Chairman and other senior officials last week on the Pakistan Premier League (PPL).
"Basically Nimbus is interested in just organising the PPL for a fee but has not shown interest in procuring rights for the event," one source said.
"But the fact that an Indian company has shown interest in the PPL has come as a encouraging sign for the PCB," the source said.
He said another renowned international sports management company and broadcaster which also has big stakes in India had also shown interest in giving a presentation on the PPL.
"The other presentations came from local companies but the fact is that this is just the initial stage and most of the presentations were based on ideas," another source said.
Independent sources confided that the PCN was keen to organise the PPL in a befitting manner with the franchises concept on the lines of the IPL and BPL.
"But at the presentations most of those people who gave presentations made it clear that finances needed to be generated from the Indian and other markets to sustain such a major league including the franchises," the source said.
"The PCB at present is looking at a sale out price of around 4 to 4.5 million dollars for a franchise."
After being snubbed by the Bangladesh Cricket Board, the PCB hierarchy is now keen to focus on launching the PPL this year.
"Basically they also see October as the ideal time to launch the PPL as the ICC has kept a window open for the Champions League tournament as well and foreign players could be available as well," the source said.
"The biggest issue for the PCB is not just finances for the event but also security issues as they are keen to ensure the league launches with the participation of foreign players," the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read