Nimbus shows interest in Pakistan Premier League
Lahore: According to well-informed PCB sources, a representative for Nimbus sports gave a presentation to the PCB Chairman and other senior officials last week on the Pakistan Premier League (PPL).
"Basically Nimbus is interested in just organising the PPL for a fee but has not shown interest in procuring rights for the event," one source said.
"But the fact that an Indian company has shown interest in the PPL has come as a encouraging sign for the PCB," the source said.
He said another renowned international sports management company and broadcaster which also has big stakes in India had also shown interest in giving a presentation on the PPL.
"The other presentations came from local companies but the fact is that this is just the initial stage and most of the presentations were based on ideas," another source said.
Independent sources confided that the PCN was keen to organise the PPL in a befitting manner with the franchises concept on the lines of the IPL and BPL.
"But at the presentations most of those people who gave presentations made it clear that finances needed to be generated from the Indian and other markets to sustain such a major league including the franchises," the source said.
"The PCB at present is looking at a sale out price of around 4 to 4.5 million dollars for a franchise."
After being snubbed by the Bangladesh Cricket Board, the PCB hierarchy is now keen to focus on launching the PPL this year.
"Basically they also see October as the ideal time to launch the PPL as the ICC has kept a window open for the Champions League tournament as well and foreign players could be available as well," the source said.
"The biggest issue for the PCB is not just finances for the event but also security issues as they are keen to ensure the league launches with the participation of foreign players," the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick