Niraj helps Gujarat post 520 in first innings against Delhi
Valsad (Gujarat): Niraj Patel scored an unbeaten double century to help Gujarat amass 520 runs in their first innings against Delhi and gain an upperhand at the end of the second day`s play in their Group B Ranji Trophy Elite division match on Friday.
Niraj, resuming the day on personal score of 111, notched up his career-best score of 228 runs off 359 balls studded with as many as 32 fours and two huge hits over the fence.
Resuming the day at 358 for six, overnight batsmen Niraj and Salil Yadav (71) played sensibly and shared a vital 174-run stand for the seventh wicket to take the home team past the 500-run mark.
Young left-arm orthodox bowler Vikas Mishra turned out to be the star performer for Delhi with career-best figures of seven for 116 runs.
In reply, Delhi were precariously placed at 118 for three at stumps with opener Unmukt Chand ending the day on unbeaten 72 and giving him company was all-rounder Rajat Bhatia on 21.
For Gujarat, right-arm pacer Faisal Dudhat picked up two wickets giving away 19 runs, while Amit Singh accounted for the other Delhi wicket.
Delhi now trail Gujarat by 402 runs with seven wickets in hand with two more days still remaining in the four-day match.
Gujarat 1st innings: 520 runs all out in 142.5 overs (Niraj Patel 228 not out, Parhtiv Patel 100, Salil Yadav 71; Vikas Mishra 7/116).
Delhi 1st innings: 118 for three in 35 overs (Unmukt Chand 72 not out, Rajat Bhatia 21 not out; Faisal Dudhat 2/19).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued