No deadlock with Cricket South Africa, says Jagmohan Dalmiya
Kolkata: BCCI interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya today reiterated that there was no deadlock with Cricket South Africa over India`s year end tour to the rainbow nation.
"The tour was never off and there was no issue or deadlock (with the CSA). We have a couple of home series (vs Australia and West Indies) ahead of the South Africa series," Dalmiya said.
"We will just need to work out the modalities and I`m confident it would be done in due course," Dalmiya told reporters here as the CSA today announced that its CEO Haroon Lorgat will meet BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel to discuss the itinerary.
Dalmiya said they have more important things like the Board`s annual general meeting lined up.
"The AGM is the most important thing on mind at the moment. So, we are likely to announce the fixture after the AGM (on September 29)," Dalmiya added.
Asked about reports that CAB is keen to host Sachin Tendulkar`s 200th Test at Eden Gardens in the upcoming West Indies series, Dalmiya said: "These are all hearsay. It`s difficult for me to answer to every speculation. Sometimes, it becomes embarrassing."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price