No discussion on DRS, 5-run penalty if ball is changed
London: The BCCI again had its way as there was no specific discussions during ICC Cricket Committee Meeting on uniform implementation of DRS but recent ball change controversy during Champions Trophy in England prompted the parent body to take some strong measures.
"There was no specific discussions on the DRS issue," an ICC official told PTI today.
However the recent incident where umpire Aleem Dar changed the ball during an ICC Champions Trophy match between England and Sri Lanka when the home team was bowling might have prompted the Cricket Committee to recommend some strong measures including five-run penalty to batting team.
The committee has also recommended that bowling captain should be reported under ICC`s Code of Conduct while the batsmen would have the prerogative of choosing the replacement ball.
As per press release, "The formal introduction of a two-step process when the umpire believes the condition of the ball has been changed, but there is no eyewitness to identify which player changed the condition of the ball:
I) Replace the ball and give the captain a first and final warning.
ii) Award a five-run penalty to the batting team, replace the ball (with the batsman to choose) and report the captain under the ICC Code of Conduct."
Some of the other recommendations include: :"TV Umpire review of a No ball on the fall of a wicket can now include waist-high full tosses and bouncers above shoulder height."
The final recommendation is introduction of `Zing Wickets` (with flashing LEDs in the bails and stumps) are approved for use in ODI and T20I matches, subject to an independent assessment of the technology being received by the ICC.
The new ICC Playing Conditions will come into effect from 1 October 2013.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference