No guarantee Wankhede would host Tendulkar`s 200th Test
Mumbai: Speculations may be rife that senior cricketer Sachin Tendulkar could get a chance to play the historic 200th Test match of his career in front of his home crowd at the Wankhede Stadium here later this year, but Mumbai Cricket Association officials are no rejoicing, as yet.
"It will be decided as per the rotation policy of the Board (BCCI). There`s no guarantee we will get the match," MCA President Ravi Savant told PTI when contacted.
BCCI Working Committee today met in Kolkata and approved the proposal for hosting the West Indies at home in November for a couple of Tests and five-match ODI series, which is not in the original Future Tours Programme (FTP) of the ICC as India was scheduled to tour South Africa.
One of the two Test matches, probably the second as that would coincide with the 200th appearance in the longest format of the game, is widely expected now to be held at Tendulkar`s home ground here.
Mumbai`s Wankhede had hosted a Test match previously last November against England, the second game after Ahmedabad`s Motera ground, while the last two matches were held in Kolkata and Nagpur.
In the subsequent home series against Australia, the four Tests were held at Chennai, Hyderabad, Mohali and Delhi in February-March this year.
Savant, who is also the treasurer of BCCI and attended the Working Committee meeting, added that the proposal to host the Caribbeans has been approved by the board members, but confirmation was awaited from the West Indies Cricket Board.
"The proposal to host West Indies has been approved but confirmation from the West Indies Board is awaited," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand