No one can replace Sachin, says Chetan Sharma
Bhopal: Former India pace bowler Chetan Sharma has said that no one can fit into the big shoes of champion batsman Sachin Tendulkar in Test cricket.
Tendulkar`s absence would be felt from the Test team as no player has the ability to win a match like him, Sharma told reporters here last evening during a short visit.
Tendulkar had recently announced retirement from international cricket, with his 200th Test against the West Indies in November going to be his last game.
"This is a big achievement for any player," Sharma said.
Sharma said that pacer Ishant Sharma, who bowled badly in the last one-day match against Australia, was lucky to have been retained in the team.
A hugely costly over by the out-of-form pacer, who gave away 30 runs in the 48th over, had turned the tide in Australia`s favour after the Indians seemed cruising in the third one-day international match at Mohali on October 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!