No one can replace Sachin, says Chetan Sharma
Bhopal: Former India pace bowler Chetan Sharma has said that no one can fit into the big shoes of champion batsman Sachin Tendulkar in Test cricket.
Tendulkar`s absence would be felt from the Test team as no player has the ability to win a match like him, Sharma told reporters here last evening during a short visit.
Tendulkar had recently announced retirement from international cricket, with his 200th Test against the West Indies in November going to be his last game.
"This is a big achievement for any player," Sharma said.
Sharma said that pacer Ishant Sharma, who bowled badly in the last one-day match against Australia, was lucky to have been retained in the team.
A hugely costly over by the out-of-form pacer, who gave away 30 runs in the 48th over, had turned the tide in Australia`s favour after the Indians seemed cruising in the third one-day international match at Mohali on October 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka