No one can replace Sachin, says Chetan Sharma
Bhopal: Former India pace bowler Chetan Sharma has said that no one can fit into the big shoes of champion batsman Sachin Tendulkar in Test cricket.
Tendulkar`s absence would be felt from the Test team as no player has the ability to win a match like him, Sharma told reporters here last evening during a short visit.
Tendulkar had recently announced retirement from international cricket, with his 200th Test against the West Indies in November going to be his last game.
"This is a big achievement for any player," Sharma said.
Sharma said that pacer Ishant Sharma, who bowled badly in the last one-day match against Australia, was lucky to have been retained in the team.
A hugely costly over by the out-of-form pacer, who gave away 30 runs in the 48th over, had turned the tide in Australia`s favour after the Indians seemed cruising in the third one-day international match at Mohali on October 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city