No one interested in touring Pakistan, admits disappointed PCB chief
Karachi: Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Zaka Ashraf has expressed disappointment over the unwillingness of international teams to tour Pakistan due to security concerns.
"No one is interested in tours. All the boards point towards the lack of security in Pakistan," Ashraf said.
Ashraf, who was in Kuala Lumpur for the International Cricket Council (ICC) annual conference, had two main aims- to convince boards about touring Pakistan and talks with the Indian board about the revival of a bilateral series.
However, his effort received a major blow when he was given the cold shoulder by the other boards that showed no interest in touring the country in the near future.
Pakistan have not hosted a Test nation since 2009 after the attack on the Sri Lanka team bus and while the board came close to breaking the barren run in April when Bangladesh agreed to play a two-match series, intervention by a Dhaka court led to its cancellation.
Ashraf added that the municipal authorities`` act to bring down a wall at the PCB headquarters in Lahore had also left a negative impact.
"Some officials also spoke about Gaddafi Stadium wall. They were carrying the stories and asked me how they could play amid serious security issues," he said.
The Gulberg town municipal corporation destroyed the wall saying it was built without its approval and on a green belt. The PCB, meanwhile, said that the wall was built in accordance with the ICC`s security standards and requirements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack