No player ready to fill Hussey’s spot: Langer
Sydney: Former Australian batting coach Justin Langer has said that there is no player perfectly fit for the position left open by Michael Hussey’s retirement, although he was impressed by youngster Steve Smith’s form. Adding that the current time was a good period for any young player with a strong work ethic, Langer said that the key to be in good form is mental resilience and good technique.
He added that the lack of perceived depth in the current period is a perfect opportunity for a young player to improve his technique. Langer said Smith played very well and showed patience and good discipline in the domestic match between Western Australia and New South Wales in Blacktown. Langer added that Smith needs to bowl more to enhance claims as a spin-bowling all-rounder for the India tour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list