No problems with the return of Kevin Pietersen: Broad
England pacer and T20 captain Stuart Broad has said that he has no problems with Kevin Pietersen’s return to the national team. Broad said that the return of the controversial batsman was the sole prerogative of the management and the ECB.
"The team has no issues with KP coming back whenever the management decides he is ready to. I`d have no problems playing with him," Broad told reporters.
"Once the England management has decided when he`s available to return, he`ll be welcomed back into the changing room.
"I`m sure that if he came back for India or New Zealand, or whenever it is, that things will be fine within the team," the pacer added.
The controversial batsman had been left out of the England squad after he sent derogatory text messages to members of the touring South African team during the Headingley Test. He participated in a series of private discussions with the team management including the coach Andy Flower, former captain Andrew Strauss and Test Captain Alistair Cook.
The flamboyant batsman who had missed out on a central contract in September has recently signed a four month contract with the ECB after he publicly apologized for his conduct. The middle order batsman is expected to be selected for the tour to India next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days