No relief for BCCI as SC refuses interim stay on Bombay HC ruling
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The apex court has refused to grant interim stay on Bombay HC`s verdict on BCCI and but has agreed to hear its plea on the matter.
The next hearing will be on August 29.
The cricket board on Monday had approached the apex court challenging Bombay HC’s order seeking immediate stay.
In a severe blow to BCCI and its president-in-exile N Srinivasan, the High Court on July 30 that the two member commission was constituted in violation of the rules framed by the BCCI.
"The (probe) Commission was not duly constituted and was contrary to and in violation of the provisions of Rules 2.2 and 3 of Section 6 of the Operational Rules (of BCCI)," the High Court had said and also rejected Srinivisan`s plea for a stay on its order to enable him move a higher court in appeal.
The High Court order came just two days after the panel, comprising two former judges of the Madras High Court Justices T Jayarama Chouta and R Balasubramanian, submitted its report on July 28 giving a clean chit to all those against whom the probe was conducted.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre