No specialist wicketkeeper in West Indies squad
Port-of-Spain: Wicketkeeper Denesh Ramdin has been dropped from the West Indies squad for first two One-day International (ODI) matches against Pakistan starting on Sunday.
Ramdin was not included in a 13-man squad released on Thursday by the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) ahead of the matches Sunday and Tuesday at the National Stadium in Guyana, reports CMC.
Ramdin has scored only one half-century since his recall to the West Indies ODI side nearly two years ago.
He has been dropped for several recent matches, both during the Champions Trophy and the home tri-series which also featured India and Sri Lanka.
In Ramdin`s absence, the West Indies used opener Johnson Charles behind the stumps, and haven`t picked any specialist wicketkeeper in the squad.
Fast bowler Ravi Rampaul, who injured his ankle in the opening match of the tri-series a couple of weeks ago, remains sidelined.
There were no other changes from the squad that West Indies picked for the tri-series which ended in Trinidad with India beating Sri Lanka Thursday.
The West Indies will arrive in Georgetown Friday and will have a full training session Saturday morning at the Guyana National Stadium.
The squad: Dwayne Bravo (captain), Tino Best, Darren Bravo, Johnson Charles, Chris Gayle, Jason Holder, Sunil Narine, Kieron Pollard, Kemar Roach, Darren Sammy, Marlon Samuels, Lendl Simmons and Devon Smith.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why