No surgery for Saeed Ajmal, medication will do
Karachi: In a major relief for Pakistan off-spinner Saeed Ajmal, he will not require surgery to treat his abdomen problem as it can be treated with medication.
Ajmal, 35, was told by specialists last week that he might require to have surgery to treat the abdomen problem which was related to Hernia.
"I had a complete examination including all tests in Lahore at the weekend and doctors now say the condition can be treated through medication and at the moment I don’t require a surgery," Ajmal said.
Ajmal who made a late start in international cricket has remained Pakistan`s top bowler in the last few years having taken 133 wickets in 26 Tests, 125 in 79 one-day internationals and 71 wickets in 51 T20 internationals.
"Honestly speaking I was a bit apprehensive and nervous after being told I could require a surgery. But I am very relieved now that my stomach problem will be treated through medication," he said.
"I want to be 100 percent fit before we go to the Champions Trophy in England and for other assignments as well," he said.
Ajmal, spurred on by the good news, made his only appearance for his regional team, Faisalabad Wolves in the National Super Eights T20 Cup final against Sialkot Stallions and bowled a decent spell.
"It is harder to bowl in domestic cricket now because once you have earned a name in international cricket batsmen are always keen to do well off you so that they can come into the spotlight. It requires hard work to manage things in domestic cricket," Ajmal said.
The off-spinner had kept away from the tournament because of the fears he might require surgery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad