Nobody has been dropped: Srikkanth
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mumbai: Chairman of selection committee Krishnamachari Srikkanth said on Wednesday that the squad for the Asia cup has been selected purely on fitness grounds.
Speaking to the reporters after announcing the 15-member squad, Srikkanth said that nobody has been dropped from the team and the players have been selected after receiving fitness reports from the physiotherapist.
"Physiotherapist have advised that both Zaheer and Sehwag need to take rest as they have some injuries. It is an honest truth, the fact of the matter. I can assure you nobody has been dropped,"
“We have selected the best possible team for the Asia Cup after taking into account the fitness reports from the physiotherapist. We had a good talk with the team management and everything has been sorted out,” he said.
"There is no point asking the same questions in different way, because my answer will remain the same," a visibly irritated Srikkanth said.
Commentating on the dismal Australian tour, he said the team did perform badly in the Test but its performance in the ODI series has been pretty well.
“Yesterday’s performance was extraordinary. Chasing 321 runs in 40 overs is amazing."
"Last three years have been a golden period for Indian cricket. We achieved to rankings in Tests and won the world cup. This was followed by England tour where we were plagued with injuries."
Talking on the issue of handing vice captaincy to young Delhi batsman Virat Kohli, he said this has been done as the board considers him to be a future captain.
"We slightly have started to look towards the future and named Kohli as the vice-captain. The board feels Kohli can be a future captain and it is important to groom him,"
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh