Not a cheat, but did rub ball `too close` to zip, says Du Plessis
Johannesburg: South African batsman Faf du Plessis has insisted that he is not a `cheat`, although he admitted that he did rub a cricket ball `too close` to a zip on his trousers during the second Test against Pakistan in Dubai.
This action led Du Plessis being fined half of his match fees for ball tampering.
According to Sport24, Du Plessis denied he was trying to cheat and said that that is not the kind of person that he is, although he admitted that that he had rubbed the ball to close to his zip.
Although Du Plessis` punishment was criticised by Pakistan officials as too lenient, the batsman however, defended himself, saying he thinks that his penalty was not as harsh as the ball was not affected by his action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre