Not a cheat, but did rub ball `too close` to zip, says Du Plessis
Johannesburg: South African batsman Faf du Plessis has insisted that he is not a `cheat`, although he admitted that he did rub a cricket ball `too close` to a zip on his trousers during the second Test against Pakistan in Dubai.
This action led Du Plessis being fined half of his match fees for ball tampering.
According to Sport24, Du Plessis denied he was trying to cheat and said that that is not the kind of person that he is, although he admitted that that he had rubbed the ball to close to his zip.
Although Du Plessis` punishment was criticised by Pakistan officials as too lenient, the batsman however, defended himself, saying he thinks that his penalty was not as harsh as the ball was not affected by his action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air