Not desperate to don national colours again: Azhar Mahmood
Karachi: Pakistani all-rounder Azhar Mahmood, who has not been a part of the Pakistan team since the 2007 World Cup, has said that while playing for Pakistan was still his priority, he was not desperate to don the national colours. According to reports, Mahmood, who has not been a part of the Pakistan team since the 2007 World Cup, has returned to the selectors` good books as they mull over selection for the short limited-overs series against India in December and January. "I`ve heard my name is under consideration. It`s an honour for me but I`m not sure if I will agree to come for just one series. I`ll need a concrete offer to make up my mind, as I haven`t forgotten what happened to me. I am not a youngster anymore and at the twilight of my career, I will have to ensure a secure future," reports The Express Tribune quoted the 37-year-old Mahmood, as saying. "My contract with my county and other T20 leagues will be at stake and it won`t be wise to put everything at stake for just one series," he added. Mahmood, who became a British citizen last year, also lamented that he was sidelined from the team ``without any reason``. "What was my fault? I just played a single match in the World Cup and was sidelined afterwards. I`ve been performing consistently at various levels since but nobody considered me for a place, while other players were selected on basis of their league performances," he said. "I just missed last year`s season but featured in the previous years. I performed in 2010 and kept on calling the then selection committee but nobody listened," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know