Not giving easy boundaries helped us to restrict WI A, says Abhishek Nayar
Hubli: All-rounder Abhishek Nayar, who led his team`s bowling attack with a four-wicket haul, said not giving too many boundaries to the West Indies A batsmen helped India A restrict the visitors to 268 all out in their first innings of the third unofficial Test Series here on Wednesday.
"We had a meeting during the lunch break. They were going great guns and only thing was to restrict and not give away easy boundaries. They were playing aggressive shots rather than playing patiently," he told reporters at the end of the first day`s play of third unofficial Test here.
Asked what went through his mind when WI A were surging ahead with 175 for three at tea, Kulkarni said he adopted aggressive approach towards the batsmen and didn`t think about taking wickets.
On his performance, Kulkarni said it could have been better if he had ended with a five-for figure.
Talking about the pitch, Kulkarni said the wicket was initially doing a bit but slowed down as the day`s game progressed. "The only thing was to stick to the basics and bowl proper line and length," he added.
He also denied that the ball was reversing because it had gone soft on a slow pitch.
"The only thing to do was hit the ball as hard as I could (to get some purchase out of it)," the Mumbaikar said.
Replying to a query, Kulkarni said the first aim of the team would be to play out the initial overs and score as many as possible when the overnight batsmen V A Jagadeesh and Gautam Gambhir resume their innings tomorrow.
"We are playing positively and looking to win the match (and level the series 1-1)," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you