Not thinking of breaking into Indian side so soon: Unmukt
New Delhi: He has been dubbed as the next sensation of Indian cricket, but promising talent Unmukt Chand is not looking too far ahead and feels a national call-up will come if he regularly performs at the domestic level.
"I am not looking too far ahead. My aim is to score runs regularly. Those things (national selection) are not in my hand," Chand, who led India to the U-19 World Cup triumph in Australia last year, said.
Delhi boy Chand had a reasonable Ranji Trophy season, scoring a little over 400 runs at an average of 37 in eight matches.
In another couple of months` time, Chand would again get an opportunity to rub shoulders with some of the world`s best players at the IPL. And he is also eagerly looking forward to the Vijay Hazare Trophy, to showcase his talent before the T20 cash-rich T20 league.
"I am taking one step at a time. Last Ranji season was okay but not as good as I would have liked it to be. I am looking forward to Ranji one-dayers to perform and hope for things to move in right direction," he said.
The 19-year-old has been signed as brand ambassador by HCL for its tablet range.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users