Not thinking of breaking into Indian side so soon: Unmukt
New Delhi: He has been dubbed as the next sensation of Indian cricket, but promising talent Unmukt Chand is not looking too far ahead and feels a national call-up will come if he regularly performs at the domestic level.
"I am not looking too far ahead. My aim is to score runs regularly. Those things (national selection) are not in my hand," Chand, who led India to the U-19 World Cup triumph in Australia last year, said.
Delhi boy Chand had a reasonable Ranji Trophy season, scoring a little over 400 runs at an average of 37 in eight matches.
In another couple of months` time, Chand would again get an opportunity to rub shoulders with some of the world`s best players at the IPL. And he is also eagerly looking forward to the Vijay Hazare Trophy, to showcase his talent before the T20 cash-rich T20 league.
"I am taking one step at a time. Last Ranji season was okay but not as good as I would have liked it to be. I am looking forward to Ranji one-dayers to perform and hope for things to move in right direction," he said.
The 19-year-old has been signed as brand ambassador by HCL for its tablet range.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave