Nothing will be swept under carpet: Dalmiya
Kolkata: BCCI`s interim President Jagmohan Dalmiya on Sunday promised that there will be no cover-up in the probe into the alleged conflict of interests issue over Mahendra Singh Dhoni holding stakes in a sports management firm that manages him and several other Indian cricketers.
Dhoni found himself in the middle of a controversy when it came to light that he had 15 per cent stake in Rhiti Sports, which also manages Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja and Pragyan Ojha, apart from him.
"I had said nothing will be swept under the carpet, even if it is Dhoni," Dalmiya said after the Board`s Working committee meeting here today.
The skipper came under sharp attack from many former cricketers for his alleged conflict of interest for having stakes in the sports management company and being the captain of the national side at the same time.
Dalmiya said the board had changed its "mode of working" as far as keeping a check on players` conflict of interests was concerned.
"We have changed our mode of working. We don`t believe you have to be after any player or anybody. Therefore, the players will have to declare their interest in sports management companies. We will see how we can help them," Dalmiya said.
Talking about Delhi seamer Pradeep Sangwan, who has failed a random dope test conducted during the 2013 season of the IPL, Dalmiya said "the BCCI will follow the procedures as per anti-doping code".
Dalmiya also said that the annual contract for coaches and support staff for special academies has been renewed for one year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS