Notices for Karachi players for misconduct
Karachi: At least three senior players of the Karachi team, that performed badly in the national super eights T20 championship, have been issued show cause notices for misconduct during the tournament in Lahore last week.
The secretary of the Karachi City Cricket Association (KCCA) Professor Ejaz Farooqi said notices were given to Fawad Alam, Khalid Latif and Sohail Khan who have represented Pakistan.
"The three were given show cause notices on the report of the manager, Visal Ansari and coach, Tauseef Ahmed," Farooqi said.
The three players have been asked to submit their replies within three days after which the KCCA will form a disciplinary committee to look into their cases.
"Opening batsman Shahzaib Hasan and off-spinner Atif Maqbool were also reprimanded for their non cooperative attitude and let off with a warning," he said.
"As far as these three are concerned their issues are more serious. Fawad took off his pads and stormed out of the dug-out and went into the dressing room during the match against Bahawalpur when the captain decided to send another player ahead of him in the batting order," Farooqi explained.
"Sohail misbehaved with the coach after the last game and Khalid didn`t cooperate with the team officials after he was not appointed vice-captain for the tournament," he added.
There were widespread speculations about infighting in the Karachi Dolphins camp during the high profile tournament, won by Faisalabad Wolves led by Misbah-ul-Haq.
Karachi Dolphins which had reached the finals of the first two editions of the super eight cup were knocked out in the group matches leading to the resignation of chief selector and former Pakistan captain Rashid Latif.
However, Farooqi said he had not accepted the resignation of Latif and had asked him to continue working as chief selector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state