Nottinghamshire defends signing Oz opener Cowan ahead of Ashes
Sydney: English county side Nottinghamshire has defended their decision to sign Australian opener Ed Cowan ahead of crucial Ashes this year.
Cowan will link up with the side next month for its first seven County Championship matches and eight limited-overs games.
The stint should allow him to acclimatize to English conditions before the Ashes starts at Trent Bridge, Nottinghamshire`s home ground, on July 10.
Nottinghamshire director of cricket Mick Newell said Cowan`s recruitment might not be perfect from England`s perspective but its good for their team.
Newell added he could understand if England board is not that thrilled about it but he was looking for a good-quality opening batsman, adding the Indian Premier League (IPL) is on and a lot of good-quality opening batsmen are in the IPL.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit consequence: British thaali may give Indian lady's finger a miss
- Ajay Devgn to star in Rohit Shetty's 'Golmaal 4'! Details inside
- WATCH: Harbhajan Singh was up against a wrestler...See What Happened Next...
- After NSG setback, India joins Missile Technology Control Regime as full member; China awaits membership
- Hrithik Roshan – Kangana Ranaut legal tussle: Everything will come out soon, says actor