Now Warne involved in Twitter row
Sydney: Shane Warne has once again got involved in a spat on Twitter after he scoffed at Big Bash League (BBL) team Adelaide Strikers’ team selection for their match against Perth Scorchers.
According to News.com.au, Warne wrote on his official Twitter account: “Terrible team Adelaide picked, what were they thinking!” The Melbourne Stars spin great contemptuously told the Adelaide players they`ll be watching the BBL semi finals on television but his mocking comments sparked a response from the Strikers` official Twitter account, the paper reported.
@Strikersbbl hit back by suggesting Warne might not play in the finals himself because they`re not held in London, which was a reference to the bowler missing a T20 game when he spent Christmas in the UK with fiancee Liz Hurley.
The Adelaide side`s Twitter feed then said things might get ugly if Warne decided to throw a ball at them, which was a dig at the on-field clash the bowling star had with Melbourne Renegades batsman Marlon Samuels earlier this week, the paper said.
However Warne had the last laugh after the Adelaide Strikers were bowled out for a puny 91 runs to leave their finals hopes hanging in the balance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress