Numerous Pak cricketers to feature in Sri Lankan Premier League 2013
Karachi: The Sri Lankan Premier League is set to attract a large number of Pakistani spectators as players from the country will rule the roost in each of the seven participating teams.
Pakistan`s Mohammad Irfan is set to feature too and although he is yet to be signed, sources close to the league claim he would be one of the biggest scalps in the auction this year.
Besides Irfan, Shahid Afridi, Saeed Ajmal, and Shoaib Malik are also set to invoke renewed interest in both the SLPL and the Caribbean Premier League, which will take place from July 29-August 26.
Furthermore, top Pakistani T20 cricketers like Muhammad Hafeez, Imran Nazir, Nasir Jamshed, Umer Akmal, Kamran Akmal, Umar Gul and Junaid Khan, who have played the first edition of SLPL, will be in action in the second edition as well.
Meanwhile, some of the leading broadcasters are trying to acquire telecast rights of the tournament in the country, after taking into concern the interest of the cricketing fans.
The SLPL, along-with Caribbean Premier League are the two tournaments that would give local cricket fans the rare opportunity of seeing their national cricketers mix with the best in the business from other cricketing nations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!