NZ mobile company calls Pak team manager Intikhab Indian
Karachi: Pakistan team manager Intikhab Alam was in for a rude shock when the voice recorder of his mobile phone in New Zealand attributed him to be an Indian.
The Pakistani media and others were stunned when they called Intikhab in New Zealand after the voice recorder of his phone kept on saying that the manager of the Indian team was not available at the moment and will try to return the call later.
Irked by the mistake, the Pakistan team management had to remind the host board -- New Zealand Cricket -- that Intikhab was not an Indian after the former Test captain had to bear the brunt of jokes because of the goof up.
"The telephone numbers are provided by the host country`s board, which in this case is New Zealand Cricket and they are also responsible for providing all other details of the squad to relevant departments from which the touring side require services," a source in the Pakistan Cricket Board said.
"In Intihkab`s case the telephone company was mistakenly informed that he is manager of the Indian team," he added.
Pakistan is presently touring New Zealand for three Twenty20 Internationals, two Tests and six ODIs.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'