NZC boss White closes case on Ross Taylor`s dismissal as captain
Wellington: New Zealand Cricket (NZC) CEO David White has said that he has full faith in the management of the team, despite the revelation that they may have attempted to conceal information regarding the dismissal of Ross Taylor as captain.
The disclosure came into light after reports surfaced that national bowling coach Shane Bond had emailed NZC, where he said that the removal of Taylor from captaincy was initiated by coach Mike Hesson.
Bond added in his email that he found about the fact from batting coach Bob Carter and he viewed the dismissal of Taylor as "dishonest" and akin to "sabotage".
White said that both he and coach Mike Hesson have apologized to Taylor for the way the matter was handled and had offered Taylor a split captaincy option, which was refused.
Bond has also released a statement saying that both he and Hesson have put the matter behind them, while developing a good working relationship and are working closely together to make the team better.
White also said that NZC would be ensuring the fact that nothing like this ever happens again.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state