NZC review of Black Caps India debacle to take a week
Wellington: New Zealand Cricket`s "robust" review of the team`s thrashing at the hands of Bangladesh and India in successive ODI series will take a week.
"We kicked off the review when the Black Caps arrived back in New Zealand and this is an ongoing process that it is likely to take around a week to complete," NZC chief Justin Vaughan was quoted as saying by `The New Zealand Herald`.
Vaughan said the process would involve meetings and consultation with team management, senior players and new cricket committee.
"New Zealand Cricket is committed to creating an environment where the Black Caps can succeed and to do that we need to have a robust review process," he said.
The Black Caps were thrashed 0-5 by India after being whitewashed 0-4 in a series with Bangladesh.
"A range of matters will be discussed relating to team performance, leading to recommendations for consideration by the New Zealand Cricket Board," said Vaughan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'