NZC review of Black Caps India debacle to take a week
Wellington: New Zealand Cricket`s "robust" review of the team`s thrashing at the hands of Bangladesh and India in successive ODI series will take a week.
"We kicked off the review when the Black Caps arrived back in New Zealand and this is an ongoing process that it is likely to take around a week to complete," NZC chief Justin Vaughan was quoted as saying by `The New Zealand Herald`.
Vaughan said the process would involve meetings and consultation with team management, senior players and new cricket committee.
"New Zealand Cricket is committed to creating an environment where the Black Caps can succeed and to do that we need to have a robust review process," he said.
The Black Caps were thrashed 0-5 by India after being whitewashed 0-4 in a series with Bangladesh.
"A range of matters will be discussed relating to team performance, leading to recommendations for consideration by the New Zealand Cricket Board," said Vaughan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- MS Dhoni backs Virat Kohli-led team India to claim No. 1 spot in Tests by the end of home season
- I want to play a warrior: Tabu
- Weeds, less water could spell death for Chandigarh's Sukhna Lake
- F&B giant Pepsico end decade-long association with India's ODI captain MS Dhoni
- Committee flags gaps, vulnerability in Indo-Pak border fencing