Obaid, Bandeep struggle hard for J&K on day 2 of Ranji Trophy Group C
Pune: Jammu and Kashmir were battling to prevent an innings defeat after conceding a 321-run lead against Maharashtra on the second day of their Ranji Trophy Group C match, here on saturday.
Maharashtra, who resumed at 185 for two, declared their innings at 401 for nine, built around some splendid batting by Harshad Khadiwale (87), skipper Rohit Motwani (84) and Anupam Sanklecha (37).
Jammu and Kasmir pacers Mohammed Mudhasir (5/87) and Samiullah Beigh (4/126) shared nine wickets between them.
After being all out for 85 in first essay, Jammu and Kashmir put up a much better show by reaching 131 for one at stumps. They are still trailing by 185 runs.
Adil Rishi (26), who was caught by paceman Shrikant Mundhe off his own bowling, was the only wicket to fall.
Obaid Haroon (54) and Bandeep Singh (42) were fighting hard for the visitors, having added 84 runs in their second-wicket partnership.
Jammu & Kashmir: 85 and 131 for 1 in 36 overs.
Maharashtra 1st innings: 401 for 9 declared (Harshad Khadiwale (87), Rohit Motwani (84); Mohammed Mudhasir 5/87, Samiullah Beigh 4/126).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Congress condemns Punjab Health Minister's 'shameful' remark on drugs
- Court relaxes bail conditions of accused in Suraj Parmar suicide case
- Lionel Messi's retirement not to change endorsement pact: Tata Motors
- New leaked iPhone 7 images show large cameras
- HILARIOUS: Virender Sehwag wishes former Daredevils team-mate Kevin Pietersen Happy Birthday in funny style!