Obaid, Bandeep struggle hard for J&K on day 2 of Ranji Trophy Group C
Pune: Jammu and Kashmir were battling to prevent an innings defeat after conceding a 321-run lead against Maharashtra on the second day of their Ranji Trophy Group C match, here on saturday.
Maharashtra, who resumed at 185 for two, declared their innings at 401 for nine, built around some splendid batting by Harshad Khadiwale (87), skipper Rohit Motwani (84) and Anupam Sanklecha (37).
Jammu and Kasmir pacers Mohammed Mudhasir (5/87) and Samiullah Beigh (4/126) shared nine wickets between them.
After being all out for 85 in first essay, Jammu and Kashmir put up a much better show by reaching 131 for one at stumps. They are still trailing by 185 runs.
Adil Rishi (26), who was caught by paceman Shrikant Mundhe off his own bowling, was the only wicket to fall.
Obaid Haroon (54) and Bandeep Singh (42) were fighting hard for the visitors, having added 84 runs in their second-wicket partnership.
Jammu & Kashmir: 85 and 131 for 1 in 36 overs.
Maharashtra 1st innings: 401 for 9 declared (Harshad Khadiwale (87), Rohit Motwani (84); Mohammed Mudhasir 5/87, Samiullah Beigh 4/126).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics