Obaid, Bandeep struggle hard for J&K on day 2 of Ranji Trophy Group C
Pune: Jammu and Kashmir were battling to prevent an innings defeat after conceding a 321-run lead against Maharashtra on the second day of their Ranji Trophy Group C match, here on saturday.
Maharashtra, who resumed at 185 for two, declared their innings at 401 for nine, built around some splendid batting by Harshad Khadiwale (87), skipper Rohit Motwani (84) and Anupam Sanklecha (37).
Jammu and Kasmir pacers Mohammed Mudhasir (5/87) and Samiullah Beigh (4/126) shared nine wickets between them.
After being all out for 85 in first essay, Jammu and Kashmir put up a much better show by reaching 131 for one at stumps. They are still trailing by 185 runs.
Adil Rishi (26), who was caught by paceman Shrikant Mundhe off his own bowling, was the only wicket to fall.
Obaid Haroon (54) and Bandeep Singh (42) were fighting hard for the visitors, having added 84 runs in their second-wicket partnership.
Jammu & Kashmir: 85 and 131 for 1 in 36 overs.
Maharashtra 1st innings: 401 for 9 declared (Harshad Khadiwale (87), Rohit Motwani (84); Mohammed Mudhasir 5/87, Samiullah Beigh 4/126).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September