OCA asks spectators not to take mobile phone inside stadium
Cuttack: The Odisha Cricket Association (OCA) today asked the spectators not to take anything, including mobile phones, inside the Barabati Stadium here during the ICC Women`s World Cup B matches.
"As per ICC norms spectators are instructed not to carry transistors, mirrors, bugles, crackers, glass, plastic bottles, water pouch and helmets and also?cell phone?(mobile) with them while entering into the stadium," OCA secretary Asirbad Behera said in a statement.
Stating that adequate security arrangement was in place prior to tomorrow`s matches, Behera said the OCA has decided to open Gallery No. 1 and 2 of Barabati Stadium, for the general public and Corporate Box for invitees and Old Pavilion for members of the association.
"There will be no ticket for the spectators to witness the match in the galleries," Behera said, adding that besides 500 private security guards, armed force of the state government would provide security both at the stadium and at DRIMS Ground at Tangi.
While all the matches involving Pakistan would be played at the Barabati Stadium, other matches would place at the DRIMS grounds.
Pakistan will face Australia in the opening match at the Barabati Stadium here tomorrow while New Zealand will take on South Africa`s at the DRIMS Ground on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands