Ojha guides Surrey to Division One of County Championship
London: At last, an Indian cricketer is on the winning side in England.
Even as Team India looks for that elusive win on the disappointing tour, left-arm spinner Pragyan Ojha ensured county side Surrey`s promotion to the Division One of the LV= County Championship with a match-winning six-wicket haul against Derbyshire inside three days at the Kia Oval.
Ojha finished with match figures of 10 for 90.
After resuming their first innings on 177 for seven in reply to Surrey`s 468, Derbyshire dismissed to 190 in just 20 minutes.
Surrey is back in Division One after an absence of three seasons, the `Daily Mail` reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister