Omar appreciates Srinivasan`s willingness to face media
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Sunday appreciated BCCI president N Srinivasan for his willingness to face the media.
"Agree with him or not, you have to appreciate the fact that the BCCI president is willing to face an unscripted press conference," Omar wrote on micro-blogging site twitter.
Omar, who has been keenly following cricket in general and IPL in particular, had expressed his disappointment over the spot-fixing scandal that broke out recently.
Omar had on Saturday said, sports bodies should be administered by sportspersons and not by politicians.
Replying to a question on former IPL chairman Lalit Modi`s suggestion to make Farooq Abdullah the BCCI chief, Omar said, "I for one, will not be in favour of that."
"I am personally of the view that sports bodies should be administered by sportspersons - that is the great favour we can do to sports people," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing