Only ‘God’ could have scored 100 tons: Sehwag
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Hailing Tendulkar’s record of 100 international tons, swashbuckling India opener Virender Sehwag on Thursday said that only ‘God’ could have achieved the historic feat.
In an interview with a leading English news channel, when asked about what he thought about the little master’s record, Sehwag said, "Only God can do it."
Delhi Daredevils led by Sehwag will play its first match of IPL 5 on Thursday against Kolkata Knight Riders led by Viru’s close friend Gautam Gambhir.
"It`s a nice change. He`s a very close friend and we get along really well. It`s good that we play our first match against each other," Sehwag said.
Viru reckoned that last year they were unable to chase gettable totals like 130-140 but this year since they have strengthened the batting, he is hopeful of a better show. "We didn`t play well last year; it is as simple as that. Our batting was not able to chase 130-140 runs. But this year we have strengthened our batting," he said.
When probed who according to him will win the IPL 5, the explosive batsmen replied without any doubt, "Delhi Daredevils, Delhi Daredevils and Delhi Daredevils."
Notably there were reports of rift between India skipper Dhoni and Sehwag after the team management introduced rotation policy for only three openers -- Sachin Tendulkar, Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir -- during the recently concluded tri-series in Australia. When asked if Dhoni has underutilized his ability to pick up wickets, Sehwag said, "I don`t think so. It depends how a captain uses his part-time bowlers and I think Dhoni has done that well."
Of late, Viru hasn’t been able to play his own way and since he will be holding the bat after quite some time, the fans can be rest assured of some early fireworks at the Eden Gardens!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation