Only Sachin can decide on his retirement: Jayasuriya
Mumbai: Former Sri Lanka captain Sanath Jayasuriya on Friday said senior India cricketer Sachin Tendulkar should be allowed the freedom to take a call on his retirement from the Test format.
"It`s an individual decision. Sachin should decide on that. Nobody can decide. In India a lot of opinions are there. I think we should give him the chance. It is all up to him. It depends on his body and mind," Jayasuriya told PTI here.
The former opener, who is now Sri Lanka`s chief national selector, added that Tendulkar was experienced enough and called him a strong character.
"He must be going through a lot of pressure. He is experienced and is a strong character. He will decide," the Lankan said.
Tendulkar retired from the ODI format last December.
Jayasuriya was in the city to promote his country as the brand ambassador of Sri Lanka tourism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi