Only Sachin can decide on his retirement: Jayasuriya
Mumbai: Former Sri Lanka captain Sanath Jayasuriya on Friday said senior India cricketer Sachin Tendulkar should be allowed the freedom to take a call on his retirement from the Test format.
"It`s an individual decision. Sachin should decide on that. Nobody can decide. In India a lot of opinions are there. I think we should give him the chance. It is all up to him. It depends on his body and mind," Jayasuriya told PTI here.
The former opener, who is now Sri Lanka`s chief national selector, added that Tendulkar was experienced enough and called him a strong character.
"He must be going through a lot of pressure. He is experienced and is a strong character. He will decide," the Lankan said.
Tendulkar retired from the ODI format last December.
Jayasuriya was in the city to promote his country as the brand ambassador of Sri Lanka tourism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie