Oram carefully working towards World Cup goal
Auckland: New Zealand all-rounder Jacob Oram, who is fighting to overcome a knee injury, has said that he is working towards his 2011 World Cup goal.
Oram has been sidelined since August after a recurrence of a patella tendon injury during the one-day tri-series with India and Sri Lanka.
The 32-year-old underwent a knee surgery on September 2, and was initially not expected to be back to full fitness until January 2011.
“We’ve pushed this knee rehab as hard as we possibly could. It’s only been 3 1/2 months, which is going pretty quick. I’ve got to be careful with it even though I’m feeling good,” a website quoted Oram, as saying.
“I’ve pretty much left my worst injury till last and the World Cup is really the only thing that’s keeping me going. I’m happy to say it’s still very much on the cards.”
“I think the World Cup team is selected around January 18. Pretty much since my surgery I’ve known all these dates, they’ve been the goals to tick off,” he added.
The all-rounder further said that he will consider retiring if he fails to make the Black Caps’ 15-man squad for the tournament in the Indian subcontinent.
“If I get picked for the World Cup, and after that my form is good and the body feels fine, then there’s no reason for me to stop,” Oram said.
“If I struggle through with form and fitness and the knee hurts again then I’ll know that time’s up,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US wants Pakistan to have dialogue with neighbours
- Hassan Rouhani allies win Iran parliament elections second round: Reports
- Bipasha Basu - Karan Singh Grover wedding: Official pictures from mehendi/ sangeet ceremony are here
- Crucial file on 'truth behind Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose's disappearance' destroyed in 1972
- Russian woman raped in Goa by guest house owner